Thursday, March 3, 2011

Project Transition

I am currently working on the Inspection Report of the Phase 1 and 2 of the Structured Cabling Sytem (SCS) project of the Xavier University - Ateneo de Cagayan. Although I am part of the team in Phase 3 of the project and assigned as an Assistant Project Manager, it is part of my duty to ensure that the installed cable is without deficiencies, no added cost and will not be the cause of the problem to the next project.

During the tests and inspections of the installed cables, I learned that it is not always get a 100% will passed because it has so many factors that will cause it to failed such as dust and dirts for the fiber optics. I also learned how the fluke tester works for different cable types, fiber optics and copper cables. Part of correcting the defects is to reterminate the end of each cables.

(This blog post is intended for the compliance in my masteral subject Project & Change Management)

No comments:

Post a Comment